Fluoride is a neurotoxin and is carcinogenic (causes cancer).
It has no positive health effects according to studies.
We are overloaded by toxins every day but do you realize one of the most common ones may be the water you are drinking?
We encounter toxins daily from foods, in the air, and chemicals in personal care and cleaning products but you may never have considered you may get cancer from a municipal water source.
Dr. Dean Burk was a brilliant biochemist who retired from the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) after 35 years believed that 10% of cancer deaths were linked to public water fluoridation.
A scientific study was done by Dr. Burk while at the U.S. NCI on 11.5 million people (in the 10 largest American cities) with artificially fluoridated water for 15 years. It found an excess cancer death rate of 18% more with these individuals than non-fluoridated water consumers dating between 1956 to 1969!!
He also found fluoride to have adverse effects on hyperactive children (ADD/ADHD), people with allergies, goiters on the thyroid, and those over 45 years or older. He stated that “in high concentrations, fluoride is rat poison and it accumulates in the body over a period of years.” This toxic substance is such a powerful poison it has been used as an insecticide for the control of cockroaches, lice, grasshoppers, cutworms, silverfish, mice, rats, and other rodents.
According to the EPA, the toxicity level is 1 ppm (part per million). In animal studies(1), increased tumor incidence and tumor growth rate are shown at levels down to 1ppm fluoride which is acceptable to the EPA safety guidelines. These levels of fluoride have also been shown to cause chromosomal damage(2) and to inhibit the repair of DNA leaving it open to develop cancer.
To read more, click here.